Do you have oily skin and is acne your worst nightmare?
Is your skin making you look old and dull?
All that expensive makeup to hide skin imperfections is not worth it if your pores keep getting bigger and bigger.
Put and end to these problems and tone your skin with egg whites!
Egg whites are a popular facial treatment used since ancient times. The improvement in skin elasticity and tone makes it a wonder product.
The egg white is largely composed of proteins(albumin). It contains all nine essential amino acids required for normal bodily functions. Research shows that Collagen(keeps your skin from ageing) is also found in egg white.
Riboflavin or Vitamin B2 and Vitamin A are also present in modest amounts.
Egg white controls sebum secretion on the skin making it less prone to breakouts. It also contains an active enzyme called Lysozyme that lightens discolorations caused by acne. It has the capability to prevent browning and oxidation of skin, maintaining the natural hue of skin.The most promising face mask for acne is a combination of egg white and lemon juice.
Egg whites have astringent properties. It can tighten and shrink large pores by unclogging them. Though it may not penetrate very deep into the skin, it does show good results when used with lemon juice as a mask.
Age, high-sugar diet, excessive alcohol intake, too much sunlight or smoking decreases collagen production resulting in saggy, wrinkled skin. Collagen gives your skin strength and elasticity.
It’s a challenge to find something that slows down the aging process and doesn’t cost you a fortune!
Eggwhite naturally contains Collagen Type I and Type V. It fills in fine lines and wrinkles and maintains skin elasticity giving a tightening effect instantly.
The benefits of egg whites in ageing has led to its use as an effective collagen supplement available as tablets and creams.
Making your skin smooth is a must if you love to have that matte finish in your foundation. If you want to opt for an all natural and low cost product, use egg whites to remove facial hair.
Apply egg white on your face using a brush. Cut out paper towels and place them over the applied areas. Coat one more layer of egg white to make it stick. Wait for it to dry off completely and then gently pull paper towel.
Feel your smooth skin and admire!
Blackheads and whiteheads form when a clog or plug forms in the hair follicle opening. The follicle also has a sebaceous gland that produces sebum, hence accumulating it under your skin to form tiny bumps. Egg white unbelievably pulls out the gunk deep within pores and draws out the sebum. Egg white and paper towel mask works wonders for this too.
The active enzyme, lysozyme treats discoloration by preventing browning and oxidation of the skin. The use of hydroquinone skin lighteners can cause bluish black discoloration in people who have a condition called ochronosis. Lysozyme can surprisingly reverse this discoloration also.
Rashes or Burns
Egg white contains Vitamin A and Collagen making their use essential in development of products that treat rosacea, scars, burns and rashes.
Here are some egg white masks for your skin:
For radiant skin:
- Separate white from yolks and beat until they become frothy.
- Apply on cleansed skin and leave for at least 15 minutes.
- When your skin feels tight, gently remove it with warm damp cloth.
- Admire that fresh glow!
- Beat one egg white until it gets foamy.
- Add juice from half a lemon.
- Apply on your face except on sensitive areas like eye and mouth area.
- Leave for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Pat dry and apply a moisturizer good for oily skin.
For dry skin:
- Beat egg white until frothy.
- Mash avocadoes separately.
- Add milk and honey into mashed avocadoes. Mix well.
- Add this mixture in beaten egg whites.
- Apply on face and leave for 15 minutes at least.
- Rinse with warm water.
For skin irritation:
- Grate and squeeze cucumber for 1 tsp of cucumber juice.
- Beat egg white until frothy.
- Add 1 tsp of warm honey and 1 tsp of plain yoghurt into beaten egg whites.
- Add cucumber juice after thorough mixing.
- Apply on cleansed face for 15 minutes or until dry.
- Rinse with warm water and apply a suitable moisturizer.